Pages

Nov 8, 2017

Playing Catch Up




Hello there!  I hope all is well with you and your family.  I've gotten behind in posting so I will be playing catch up for a day or two.  :)  I'm so glad I have all of my decorating done.  I've been relaxing by watching the new Hallmark movies.  My favorite so far is Miss Christmas.  It was really good. 

#hallmarkmovies
#missChristmas

Now I need to get boxes so I can wrap Christmas presents.  :)  We are on the ball this year.  We even bought our turkey and ham this past weekend.

We had our first cold spell on Saturday, October 28th.  The high during the day was 63 degrees and the low was 43 degrees.  It was windy  and chilly and I loved it!!!  This was the day the hubs and I planted pansies.  We were at the Houston Garden Center by 8:30 a.m. and there were only two other people there...crazy right?  I think everyone else was at home.  We were in and out in less than an hour.  Let me just say that NEVER happens.  We knew exactly what we wanted and wasted no time.  We were on a mission to get the flowers planted so we could watch the Astros play the Dodgers in the World Series for game four.  Go Astros!!!

I made chili as soon as we got home.  Probably one of the smartest things I did that day.  :)  The seasonings were able to set in and I didn't have the chance to change my mind about cooking after working in the yard.  Pretty smart if I must say so myself.  :)


It was so cold with the wind blowing...even  under the patio with blankets.  I'm not kidding.  We were outside watching the OK game and got so cold we went inside 'til the baseball game started.


We had on long pants, sweatshirts and two blankets each.  It was cold!!!  But oh so fun.  :)  The cold beer didn't help either.


The hubs lit a fire in the firepit.




We had a cozy set up to watch the game.  


I couldn't resist taking a pic of the Christmas tree through the window in the family room.


Well that night the Astros lost to the Dodgers 6-2 but went on to win the World Series!!!  Woo hoo!!! I loved watching all of the baseball games leading up to the world series.  I am having baseball withdrawals.  :)  Are you?


Hope you have a wonderful evening!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment