Pages

Sep 24, 2014

Road Trip to McKinney, TX

Last Friday we went on a road trip to McKinney, TX.  It was raining when we left Houston.  In fact, it had been raining all week long.  Once we started travelling north the rain stopped, but it was still very cloudy. 
Cotton Fields
The further north we drove the drier the conditions became.  The grass along side the road was very dry and brown.  In Grand Prairie we saw what used to be a lake that is now all dried up.  Seeing these conditions made us really appreciate all of the rain we had been getting at home.
Dried up lake in Grand Prairie, TX
Waxahachie, TX
Waxahachie, TX - love the name
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in McKinney, TX.  Thanks to hubby accumulating so many points with his previous job we were able to stay two nights for free.
The room was plenty big enough for the two of us and all our my stuff.  These days I am so out of practice in packing for a trip.  I bring way more than I need.  I used to travel for previous jobs so I had it down to an art of what I needed so I didn't over pack.  Now I feel like I need to bring everything just in case I need it.  We are going to Wimberley, TX in a couple of weeks for another wedding and then Disney World after that.  I am hoping that by the time I pack for Disney I will be bringing bare minimum. :)
The bed was super comfortable and the AC worked really well.



The wedding and reception were held at the Grand Hotel.  It is a beautiful hotel.  The bartender said it is 140 years old.



Hotel lobby
Hotel lobby
Room off to side of lobby
Beautiful painting of bluebonnets



The ceilings were gorgeous.  I think the hub and I have decided to go with this look for the game room instead of coffered ceilings.
Bar
This is the room the wedding and reception were held in.
Cocktail area
We had cocktails and hors d' oeuvres while the room was being turned over for the reception.  They served chicken tortilla soup and potato soup in shot glasses.  They were delicious!  There was also a tomato and cheese hors d' oeuvre they were passing around.  The women in our group hung out in here while the guys were watching the LSU game in the bar.
Donna and I toasting our shot glasses of potato soup
We had a great time.  I will share the wedding photos tomorrow.

Take care,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment