Pages

Jan 30, 2015

Greeting Cards

Do you like to receive and give greeting cards?  Our oldest daughter, Tiffani, and I do.  Brooke and her dad, not so much.  Tiffani and I can spend hours looking for the right card.  Kevin and Brooke think giving cards are a waste of money.  :)  There have been times in the past when he has asked me "do you want a card?"  Seriously!!!  I am happy to say that he no longer asks.

For my birthday he gave me a beautiful card.  Here is the wording:

A man like me has a lot to be thankful for.

And at the top of the list is you--

a woman who knows me, accepts me,

and whose love has made so many things right.

I'll never know what I did

to deserve a life this good.

But I do know what's at the very heart of it:

You.

Beautiful you.

Happy Birthday.

The first thing I said was "I love the card."  Then I asked him "did you read it?"  He said he did.  Maybe we are making progress after almost 27 years of marriage!

Take care,

Debbie









No comments:

Post a Comment