Pages

Mar 31, 2015

Container Gardening

See my pallet....I had the hubs steal it from the neighbors trash!!!
I guess I am officially a gardener...a container gardener that is!  Nelly had gone a little crazy with her seeds and had extra plants so she shared them.  :)

She suggested that I use the Home Depot orange buckets for my containers.  I think they are kinda cute.  The orange color is a nice compliment to the stones.

The hubs made six holes in the bottom for good drainage. 


I  know the hubs probably thought I had gone crazy (he does not eat any of this) but he didn't say anything.  He assisted as needed.

Here is a list of the plants she gave me:

Rutgers Tomato

Little Fingers Eggplant
Image result for little fingers eggplant

Zucchini Black Beauty
Image result for zucchini black beauty

Miniature Chocolate Bell Pepper
Image result for miniature chocolate bell pepper

Miniature Yellow Bell Pepper
Image result for miniature yellow bell pepper

Oops!  Rutgers Tomato plant snapped!
My first casualty was snapping the stalk of the Rutgers tomato plant.  I was so bummed.  I sent her a text telling her what happened and she said to stick the plant that had broken off deep into the soil and it should grow roots.  So I dug it out of the trash and planted it next to the stub of a stem.  I am hoping that it does grow roots.


I left the red cups (labeled with the name of each plant) until I make plant markers.
I have to admit I am really excited about my container garden.  I'll be checking it on a daily basis to see if there is any growth.  :)  And to make sure the squirrels are staying out of them!!!

I have a feeling that if these plants produce veggies I am going to be hooked.  How do you like my fancy containers?

Take care,

Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment