Pages

Feb 22, 2017

My Birthday Recap


My birthday was a couple of weekends ago (okay it will soon be a month) and I had a wonderful time.  We celebrated by going out to eat at one of our FAVORITE places to eat....Gringos Tex Mex!  They have the best Mexican food.   We love their queso and chips.  Every.one.of.us.  Not kidding.  We go through baskets of chips like it is water.  Even Mr. W.  Only he doesn't eat the green things.  :)

#lovetexmex
#quesoandchips

Tiffani picked up an assortment of Bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Another favorite of ours.  :)  What can I say?  She also got me my own lemon bundtlet cake.  And yes, it was delicious!

#nothingbundtcakesareyummy

I believe our favorites are lemon, lemon raspberry and red velvet cake.  So good.

Everyone kept asking me what I wanted and all I could come up with was money.  :)  There are a few things I am considering buying for our home (decor of course!)

I didn't have any ideas for the hubs so I told him money was always a good choice.  :)  So...he goes to a business' open house (in his office building) one day after work.  They are giving tickets away for free prizes.  He tells the person handing him a ticket my birthday is coming up and he needs to win something to give to me.  Can you believe?  They had really good prizes like large TVs (thank goodness we did not win one!), an Apple watch and other things.  Guess what he wins?  The Apple watch.  He was so proud of himself.  He won me a watch and didn't have to pay anything for it.  :)  I was very excited to receive the watch.  It was something I would have NEVER asked for but was thrilled to have.

It is the Apple Watch Series 2 with the gray aluminum case with the black woven nylon band.




The Series 2 tracks your stand, move and exercising.  It rings to let you know how active or not you are throughout the day.  It tells you if you have been sitting too much, how many steps you've taken (or haven't) and how many calories you've burned.

It makes you more aware of your overall health.  It lets you easily monitor your heart rate and better manage your stress.  It even tells you to breathe.  Really!

#applewatchisawesome

You can read your emails and texts.  You can even answer the phone.  It is crazy!!!  The thing I am most excited about is Series 2 is rated water resistance up to 50 meters so I will be able to swim with it and it will track my laps.  That is so awesome!  When I swim laps in the pool,  I consider one lap to be to the end of the pool and back to the starting point as one lap.  I have to concentrate and try to remember how many laps (while swimming) I have swam.  Let's just say that can be very challenging on some days if my mind is drifting off.  It is not the most efficient way of keeping track.  Now I don't have to even think about it.  I am so excited!!!

There is a lot I don't know about the Apple watch so if you have one and know some secrets please share them with me.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie


























No comments:

Post a Comment