Pages

Aug 24, 2017

Sprucing Up the Front Porch



Do you ever have one of those projects you see and think to yourself "I need to paint those" and forget about it as soon as you leave the area?  The front pots were definitely on my "need to do" list that I kept forgetting.

Wow!  I can't believe how bad they really looked.  :0(  Especially when I cleaned them up a bit.  They were in need of some TLC.


Since it was so hot outside, I brought them inside and hand painted them with a glossy black paint.  I applied four coats of paint.


Once they were dry, I decided they needed a little pizazz to dress them up.  I used my very old Fleur de Lis stencil and some gold paint and gave them a new look.



I am very happy with how they turned out.


The best part was it didn't cost me anything but a little time.  I had all of the supplies on hand from previous projects.  Except for the moss.  The moss is new...the old was so disgusting.  Yuck!!!  I got it for $1.75 at Hobby Lobby.


Have you looked at your front porch lately?  I mean really looked at it?  :)  Your front porch is the first thing guests see when entering your home.  So get out there and clean off those cob webs and refresh your look.  You'll be glad you did!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






1 comment: