Pages

Aug 22, 2017

Weekend Recap



A week ago Friday night, I invited Mr. W to stay over for a slumber party.  I've been having them over, one at a time, so I can spend alone time with each one.  It has been so much fun.  They aren't fighting to be heard over the other and you can give them your undivided attention.  :)

Warning!  Lots of cuteness ahead!

We started our afternoon off with a visit to the grocery store.  As we were passing through the deli/bakery section he shouted "ooh".  I stopped and asked what was he so excited about.  He told me about the pretty cupcake (decorated for a birthday) so we went to get one.  He picked out his favorite colors and off we went.  I didn't get a pic of the cupcake.  I will say he was very disappointed in the way it tasted.  :(

Mr. W chose Chick-fil-a for dinner.  It is his favorite.


I am so proud of how far Mr. W has come playing in the pool.  At the beginning of the summer, he had to wipe his face every time it got wet with water.  :)  Every.single.time.  Now he intentionally puts his face in the bubbles so it will get wet.



A swim wouldn't be complete without a Mickey Mouse popsicle.


One of the bubblers went spastic.  It happens every now and again.


He thought it was pretty cool.

Waiting for it to happen again.





He has figured out there are other uses for the Mickey Mouse holder.  Like insert it into the noodle...



marvel at how it floats...


and use it as a vessel to hold and carry water.



I love this pic of him looking at the water he just poured.



I was switching back and forth between two cameras.  The G16 (use every day) and the Canon Rebel XTi EOS (dslr - a manual camera).  The colors are much brighter on the G16 (I was shooting in automatic on the G16).


I can't believe he is floating on his back on his own.  I tried really hard to teach him at the beginning of summer and he would have nothing to do with it.  I guess it's all in their own timing.  :)





He loves to turn on the pool light and see it change colors.



Early Saturday morning we were back in the pool.  My son-in-law Brad and his brother were over to install the lights on the pergola.


Brad's brother brought one of his sons Mr. J.  Mr. J has a twin brother that was staying over at a friend's house.  The girls and the twins consider theirselves cousins.  It is really cute.  They love each other so much!




Mr. J was very happy when Ms. A finally got there after her basketball game.


They had contests to see who could hold their breath the longest.  Mr. W hasn't learned this so he floated on his back looking all cool with his Paw Patrol goggles on.  :)


Mr. J taught Mr. W how to make a burrito with the float.




Here is Brad and his brother working on the lights and installing the outlets.  Let me just say it was one hot day.  The temp was 98 degrees with a heat index of 108.  Thanks to the neighbors tree, we spent almost all of our time in the shade.


We love the new lights.


I invited Ms. A to stay over on Monday night.  We watched several Star Wars movies.  She is a die hard Star Wars fan...since preschool.  I promised her we would watch all of the movies and she is making me stick to my word.  Ha!  I believe we have watched 3, maybe 4 movies so far.

That night we went to a class at Painting With a Twist.  We had so much fun.  We want to go again.  Here's mine....


and here is hers.


They handed out tickets for door prizes.  She tried to give me her ticket and I told her to keep it because she was going to win.  The first number they called out was hers.  You should have seen how happy she was to win.  It was a pen disguised as an artist brush.  Really cute.

Hope you are having a great day.  Stay cool and hydrated.  It's a bit warm out there!

xoxoxo

Debbie









No comments:

Post a Comment