Pages

Sep 26, 2017

Fall Is In the Air




Fall is in the air...or so they say.  Our temps are in the low 90's with the humidity over 50%.  We are supposed to have a cool front come through this weekend which will bring the temp down ever so slightly.  You won't hear any complaints from me.  I am soaking up every minute I can hanging out in the pool.  Don't get me wrong, I do love the fall and winter.  I just find it bittersweet to end our swimming time.  

This past weekend we got our fall/Halloween decor down from the attic.  We don't have much...just a few things we've collected over the years.  I love fall decor.  In fact, every year I pause and really think hard about going all out for fall...then I think about how I will be decorating for Christmas very shortly so it would be crazy to put out all that effort just to take it down in a couple of weeks.  :)  So I talk myself out of it.

I am so happy with how the grass is growing where the pine tree once stood.


We will be planting crotons and flowers in the beds in the next couple of weeks.  I'm trying to avoid planting too early.  Last year (or the year before) I planted Pansies too early and we had some really hot weather that killed the flowers.  I really want to plant Pansies.  They are my favorite.  But I'm afraid they will have to wait a while.


I just realized I'm missing my "pumpkin patch" sign.  I'll have to get back in the attic to get it.  The hubs must have overlooked it.





I really need to rework this wreath...some of the items are just tucked in.  A good wind may bring a few things down.  :)





The "Boos Brothers" and the wooden signs along the pathway were bought when Brooke was cheering for the Dad's Club some years ago.






Okay now...look closely or you will miss my fall decor.  :)  I'd never describe myself as a minimalist when it comes to decorating.  However, it may apply for my fall/Halloween decor inside our home.

I picked up a couple of these cute signs at the Dollar Tree.





It's a coincidence my coffee pods are orange.  :)


I have a rust colored candle burning in the main bath.


That's it for the inside....let's head out back.



I LOVE these pumpkins we got at Lowe's a couple of years ago.  They make my heart smile every time I pass by the window and see them.



They are well made and quite heavy.









Thank you for stopping by.
Do you decorate for fall/Halloween?  If so, do you go all out or are you like me and just dabble in it?

Hope you have a fabulous day!

xoxoxo

Debbie


























































1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie, your home is beautiful and I love your décor. I must admit I have too much fall. Plus I change it 3 times before Christmas. Fall in Sept. Halloween in Oct. and Thanksgiving in Nov. I use some of the same fall items for Thanksgiving as well. We are getting new wood flooring this year so I will not be putting out my Halloween. I love it, but think I will enjoy the break. :) Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup. I'm sure it's not intentional, but I'm not seeing a link back to the party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete