Pages

Oct 19, 2017

Weekend Recap



I can't believe today is Thursday.  The week is going so fast!  As you can see I have been decorating our home for Christmas.  You can go ahead and judge away!  I started two weeks earlier this year because the hubs is having an LSU tailgating party the first weekend of November and I didn't want the house to be a hot mess with Christmas containers everywhere.

I have been having so much fun!  Seriously.  It is way more fun when you don't have to hurry.

We kept the kiddos over the weekend.  Mr. W was so excited to see all the decorations.  He loves Christmas decorations almost as much as I do.  :)

He asked if he could try on the different hats and started posing for the camera.  Isn't he the cutest?  We started with Pooh...


#winniethepooh


then Mickey Mouse...

#mickeymouse


and last but not least, what he calls the Santa hat.  He is so stinking cute!

#santaclause


He wanted to go through the house and turn on all the lights at one time.  A kid after my own heart, right?  One of my favorite things about the decorations are the lights.  The ambience is so nice.

The first thing he did on Sunday morning was grab my hand and said "let's go decorate".  OMG!!!  He is so funny.  So I let him do a few things for me in the back bedroom.  I had a large candle holder on the floor I had moved from the bathroom.  In this large glass holder are lots of clear marbles.  I saw him look at them and thought he's going to want to play with them.  But he looks at me with a serious look on his face and said "boy you did a lot of chores to get all those marbles".  You see, he and his sisters are rewarded with marbles for doing chores and good deeds.  Once the jar is full, they receive a set amount of money, something like $10.  He was pretty impressed with how many marbles I had earned.  :)

Here are a few things he said over the course of the weekend.  The hubs and I were laughing all weekend.

We have to finish decorating today.
Boy you did a lot of chores to get all those marbles.
You're my best girl.
I want to turn all the lights on at one time.
Maw Maw and I are hard workers.  We work fast.

#lovebeingagrandmaw
#grandkidsarethebest


I snapped this pic of him trying on Ms. A's watch.


We swam in the pool on Saturday.  The water was really nice.




I made homemade turkey patties, homemade mashed potatoes and corn for dinner.  I asked Sweet P to be my taste tester for the potatoes.  You should have seen her face when she tasted the potatoes.  She started making noises and said she was going to eat at our house every night.  :)  She already thinks I'm a professional tea maker.  :)  Kids say the darnedest things.

I hope you have a fabulous day today!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment