Pages

Dec 1, 2014

Happy December 1st!!!

Souvenir for me from our trip to Disney World
Warning!!!  Warning!!!  Warning!!!

This will be a very long post with lots of photos.  You may want to 
hit the exit button now!
I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving holiday doing the things
you love with the people you love.  Ours was pretty low key.  After all,
we are a small group of nine.

We spent the first half of our Thanksgiving day getting the front yard 
ready by cutting the grass and trimming the yard.  After that, we got our
outdoor decorations down from the attic and managed to put up a few large
items before it was time to go in and make the rice dressing to bring
to Tiffani and Justin's home.  (I'll share the recipe in tomorrow's
post.)
Ms. A made this fruit tray all by herself with an adult supervising.
 Tiffani cooked a roast in the crockpot and it was delicious.  I believe she said
all she added was a packet of Italian dressing seasoning and a can of beer.  We
also had green bean casserole, Hawaiian rolls and a Ceasar salad.  We had a
red velvet Nothing Bundt Cake for dessert.  It was so good!

Last year I started the tradition of giving the grandkids the Lego
Advent calendars at Thanksgiving so they can begin assembling them on
December 1st.  We gave Ashlyn the Star Wars version and Peyton the Friends version.
They were so excited.  They love Legos.
Here are a couple of shots of Mr. W playing with the packages.  This year he really gets the whole unwrapping presents.  I can't imagine why.  Could it be because they have been receiving Christmas presents since October?

 Ms. A and Ms. P were very excited with their gifts.

Mr. W unwrapped the Elf on the Shelf.  I was helping him so I did not get a photo.
They named her Winter after the dolphin in Clear Water, FL.  They stopped
off to see Winter and Hope on their way home from Disney World.
After dinner we watched Maleficent.  It was the first time I had seen it (even though I have a copy myself.)  It was a great movie.  I thought Angelina Jolie did a great job.
On Friday the hubs and I finished decorating the front yard and most of the back yard.  I forgot to take photos of both so that will come later this week.

That night Brooke, Tiffani and I went to see Hunger Games:  Mockingjay - Part 1.  I found it to be a little slow but that is how it was supposed to be as it was laying out the groundwork for the next part.  It was supposed to be about the propaganda and that is exactly what it was.  Very true to the book.

I have so much more to share with you but I am going to close for now and continue this post on Wednesday.  Hope you have a wonderful day today.  Keep in mind....only 24 days
to Christmas day!  

Take care,

Debbie









No comments:

Post a Comment