Pages

Jan 26, 2015

Fun Weekend


We had a really fun weekend.  We went to see the American Sniper on Friday night.  It was a very thought provoking and moving movie.  There were quite a few older gentlemen in the theater.  I couldn't help but wonder if some of them had fought for our country.  Most movies have music playing as you walk out.  This one didn't.  You walked out in total silence.  I would definitely recommend going to see it.


I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of the men and women that have served our country and continue to serve our country.  You are truly appreciated.  Thank you.

USA - united-states-of-america Photo

On Saturday I made my favorite Chicken Tortilla soup in the crockpot.  I did a post on it here.  I was really craving Tex-Mex so I thought this would be a much healthier version.  :)


It makes me happy to know that we are doing our part by recycling.  This recipe calls for quite a few cans!!!


Yum!!!
Sweet P had a roller skating party on Sunday afternoon to celebrate her upcoming 6th birthday.  We had so much fun.  The last time I had skated was on a pair of inline skates (about 10 years ago).  I was skating with a group of women (that were way better than I was) in the street near our home and I busted my rear on the concrete.  For two weeks it hurt to sit.  Needless to say I gave away my skates and all of my protective gear and never looked back.

Sweet P

Sweet P
When I was growing up, my friends and I would go to the skating rink every Friday night.  At that time, I would have considered myself a pretty good skater.  :)  I could skate backwards, hold hands and go in circles, etc.

I think roller skating is similar to riding a bike.  You have a memory for it, only I'd say that roller skating is a little harder to get back in to because you have to find your balance again so it takes a little longer.  I fell on my left knee on my second lap around the rink.  Ms. A thought it was so funny!  Thanks to the hub I was able to get off of the floor.  :)  I rested for a bit (until it stopped hurting) and then made my way back on the floor.  I am quite happy to report that I did not fall again.

Ain't that the truth. Life's Better On Roller Skates. // Derby

Nelly, her Nerd and Miss J
I wish I had taken more photos.  :(

We all had so much fun.  Our rink lets adults skate free on Sundays so we are going to add it to our list of activities.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!

Take care,

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment