Pages

Jan 16, 2015

Pomegranates


Let me start out by saying that I love Pomegranates!!!
I think they are beautiful both in color and shape and they taste good.

Warning!  It can be quite messy removing the seeds.  The first thing I do is cut off the
crown.  Next, I score the fruit from top to bottom all the way around.  I then grab the fruit
with my thumbs on the top center, press down into the pomegranate and pull it apart.  It
breaks apart and then you can work the seeds out.  I like to do it while watching my favorite TV shows.

Seeding a pomegranate may seem like a lot of work for just a piece of fruit but the benefits are worth it.  The pomegranate is rich in phytochemical compounds.  They contain high levels of flavonoids and polyphenols, and potent antioxidants offering protection against heart disease and cancer.  A glass of pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than red wine, green tea, blueberries, and cranberries.  Pomegranates can be stored in plastic bags in the refrigerator for up to two months.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with beautiful weather!

Take care,

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment