Pages

May 8, 2015

New Chairs for the Fire Pit Area


I am sad to say the time had come for us to replace the chairs around the fire pit.  We were aware of the rusting at the base of the chairs and hoped we'd get one more season out of them but the webbing came apart on one of them so we had to nix our plan.  We did not want to risk someone sitting in the chairs and falling through (probably me!).

The original four chairs had been part of a set with a table that we had bought on sale (off season) at Wal-Mart for $279.00.  Now that was a steal!!!


I knew when I began to search for outdoor chairs it was not going to be an easy task.  We wanted to find four chairs at a decent price that were not part of a set and we wanted the chairs to be brown with a "fake" wicker look similar to the chaise lounge chairs.


I searched diligently every day on every site I could think of.  The prices ranged from $150 to $350 per chair.  Way more than we were willing to spend.

The last place I searched on line was Target (tar-jay).  Low and behold I found a chair that I liked and it would not break the bank.  It's the Threshold Southcrest Wicker Club Chair.

Threshold™ Southcrest Wicker Club Chair

The color is not exactly the same but it's close enough.  The best part is they were 20% off!!!  Woo Hoo!!!  We got the chairs for $87.20 a piece with an additional $10 off because it took forever for them to bring them from the back of the store.

At first we were a little bummed that our old chair cushions did not fit the new chairs but we've moved on.  We love them.  They are so comfortable.  


I think they look great even without the cushions.  Can you tell I powerwashed the pavers?  They look so clean!!!

Have you had to buy any outdoor furniture lately?  Were you surprised to see how much the prices have gone up?  I'd love to hear your story.

I want to wish all of you moms a very Happy Mother's Day!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Take care,

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment