Pages

Jul 21, 2015

What I'm Reading


 Yes, that is a tall tower of books!  As you can see, I go a little crazy when I go to the library.  In this case, I went online requesting books that came highly recommended by Shay at Mix and Match Family.  Most of the books I requested were either on hold or already checked out.  Some of them even had several people listed before me.  No worries!  I was in no hurry.

I began receiving texts and emails from my local library (lots of texts and emails) that most all of the books I requested were available for pick up.  How crazy is that?  So needless to say I have been really busy reading!!!  Thank goodness for renewing books online.  It is so convenient!




 If you know me, you know that I LOVE to dress up for work every single day.  Even Fridays.  I guess you can say that I never outgrew the "dress up" stage.  :)  And I LOVE dresses!!!  I know, I am weird and a little off subject here.  Sorry about that!  Back to the book....

I discovered as I moved through the pages that I do quite a few of the things the French women do.  Does that make me French?  (After all, I am Cajun.)  Enough already!

This book was a very easy read.  I loved hearing the French Woman's point of view on just about everything.  It reconfirmed for me that the hubs and I are definitely going to Europe.  It's on my bucket list!

One of the things I discovered was that French women wear a lot of scarves.  So after I finished the book I began wearing my scarves.  Well, only two of them matched my dresses.  I need to get a few more.  Nelly commented on my beautiful look and I told her I was embracing my French side.  She laughed at me!!!  Can you believe that?  Just kidding!  She knows I am a little weird.

The most important message I got was that French women do not subscribe to using Botox, fad diets, etc.  They recommend that us women from the U.S. should "say hello to the truly timeless beauty that comes with making the most of your own unique je-ne-sais-quoi".

The next book I read was the The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand.  It was a very easy read.  In fact, I didn't want to put it down.  I blew right through it.

I just finished Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand.  I have to admit it wasn't my favorite.  It took me a little longer to move through it.  But don't let me discourage you from reading it.

I just picked up The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty.  I'll be sure to let you know what I think about it when I finish it.

I imagine some of you are wondering why I am not using my Nook or my iPad.  Well, for starters I don't dare bring my iPad out or it could end up like my Nook.  I really wanted hard books I could take by the pool to read.  I didn't want to have to worry about whether or not I had any charge left as I was walking out the door to the pool.  Know what I mean?  Just simple, old fashioned reading!

Talking about all this reading has me ready to go home and do some of that reading now.  Good thing my boss is leaving for a haircut at 1 p.m.  I'll be right behind him.  After all, he said if he can't see me he doesn't know about it!  Pretty cool!

I'd love to hear from you what books you are reading.

I hope you are enjoying the summer where ever you are.

Take care and God Bless,

Debbie








No comments:

Post a Comment