Pages

Aug 3, 2015

Amazing Meat Loaf "Muffins"




Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend.  I finally got around to making the 15 Minute Meat Loaf Muffins I listed on my meal planning for last week.  Let me just say that the hubs kept saying over and over this is so good.  You can make this again.  :)  I'd say it was definitely a home run!  I served homemade mashed potatoes to go with the meatloaf muffins.

Here's the recipe:


15 Minute Meat Loaf Muffins

1 egg
1 lb. ground chuck
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed vegetable soup

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Beat egg in a large mixing bowl, add ground chuck, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, onion and vegetable soup.  Mix with a fork.  (We like to use our hands to mix.)  Spray non-stick muffin tins with cooking spray.  Spoon meat mixture into muffin tins.  Round off tops.  Bake 15-20 minutes.

Here's what they looked like when I removed them from the oven.  Next time I will put a cookie sheet under the tin just in case the fat leaks over.


I also made this Frozen Fruit Salad for dessert.  Here's the recipe:


Frozen Fruit Salad

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. mayonaise
1 pt. whipping cream
1 c. diced bananas
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. crushed, drained pineapple
1 c. seedless grapes, halved
1 c. drained, pitted cherries (I chose to use Maraschino cherries.)
few Maraschino cherries

Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.  Whip cream and add to cream cheese mixture.  Blend in bananas, pecans, pineapple, grapes and pitted cherries.  Spoon into papered muffin tins or molds and freeze until firm.  Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.  Garnish with maraschino cherries and serve on lettuce leaves.  10 to 12 servings.

I have to say it is very good.  However, for me, I would like a stronger cream cheese taste and less of a mayo taste.  Probably because I was craving cream cheese!!!


All of these recipes came from this gem of a cookbook.


This week I am not going to do an official meal planning post.  The hubs said he wants to eat lighter meals for dinner so who am I to complain and go against his wishes.  That means less time in the kitchen for me and more time working on projects which is what I prefer to do anyway.  Yay!!!  This means we will be having tuna sandwiches and grilled chicken for dinner.  No more oven!!!

Do you have any special recipes on your menu for this week?

Hope you have an awesome day today!

Take care,

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment