Pages

Aug 12, 2015

Painting With a Twist



Hello there and happy Wednesday!!!

I wish I could say my absence from posting was because I was on vacation on an exotic island but that is definitely not the case!  I have been sick with a virus that has made its rounds in our family.  The symptoms were a bad sore throat, fever and chills, body aches, a cough, and a really bad headache.  I woke up feeling this way on Saturday morning.  Lucky for me it was after our painting fun.

On Friday night the girls and I (thanks to the hubs generosity on Mother's Day) went to dinner and a Painting With a Twist class.  If you haven't done something like this before, I highly suggest you give it a try.  You don't have to have any mad artist skills....just a desire to have fun.  We did Harry Potter's Wizarding Castle (as they called it) and had a great time.  

Everything was prepared and ready for us to start our masterpieces.


 This is what mine looked like part way through the class.


The class moves pretty fast.  If I had my way it would have lasted a little longer so we could have moved at a slower pace.  I found myself hurrying so I would not get lost in the steps.  In other words, I wasn't able to be my typical "Type A" personality and be a perfectionist.  :)


Here's my masterpiece.  I am pretty happy with it.  The ziggly lines at the bottom are supposed to be the rocks just in case you were trying to figure it out!


We had a great time and are looking forward to going again since we only spent half of our monies!!! Thanks hon!

Hope you are doing well and staying cool!  It was 106 degrees in Houston yesterday.  We had a storm come through yesterday evening.  This is only the second time we have had rain in a long time.  I don't think we will complain any more should we get any rain in the future.  We are now adding 1-2 inches of water to the pool every week and running the sprinkler system most days just to maintain the lawn and the plants.

We were without power yesterday evening for about 30 to 40 minutes.  It's so funny, the first thing you want to do when the power goes off is flip on a light switch.  :)  I do it every single time.




Good luck to all of you moms that are busy getting your kiddos ready for school.  I really do not miss those days.....shopping for hours trying to find clothes that had style and still within code.  I hope you are finding all of the sales!

Take care and see you soon!

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment