Pages

Oct 27, 2015

My Disney Gallery Wall


Hello there!  How are you doing today?  Fine, I hope.
I so wanted to keep these posts in order but that's not happening today!  I have edited the photos from the Nottoway Plantation but I have not finished the post.  I have so many photos I want to share with you.  I hope to have it ready tomorrow.

We have been so busy around here working on finishing projects from our remodel that I mentioned here and also with decorating for Christmas!!!  To say I am very excited is a serious understatement.

I don't know about you, but putting together a gallery wall can be quite daunting.  It takes patience, patience and more patience.  Here are the steps I took to achieve my Disney gallery wall.

The first thing I did was lay out the framed pictures on the floor in the design I thought I wanted.  I left this out on the floor (drove me crazy in the interim) and kept looking at it for a couple of days.


I would move them around until I achieved the look I wanted.


The next thing I did was take old wrapping paper and cut out the shape of each and every photo.  Yes, all 12 of them.  I numbered the back of each photo and the piece of paper that would stand in for it on the wall.  It's very important to number them both so you don't get confused which one is which.  Especially, in this case, when there are so many like frames.


 I got the hubs to help me place them on the wall.  So much measuring, placing, and remeasuring.  It goes much faster if you have your tape strips ready ahead of time.  I used painters tape.


Once this is done you can start putting nails in the wall.  But first, locate the hanger on the back side of each photo to see if they all hang the same.  Unfortunately for us they were different.


 I didn't actually time how long it took us but my guess is a couple of hours from start to finish.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  I need to pick up another Disney plaque to finish it off.

I have to say it was worth all of the time it took to accomplish this gallery.  Enough so I'd consider doing it again!!!

Take care and have a great day,

xoxoxo

Debbie







No comments:

Post a Comment