Pages

Dec 6, 2016

Holiday Home Tour - Kitchen / Breakfast Room


Welcome back to our Holiday Home Tour.  Today we are touring the kitchen / breakfast room.  I've prepared you a bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo the hubs made for our family on Sunday.  It is always so much better two days later.  :) 


I love these whimsical bakers/chefs.


Now she has the right idea!  Cheers!!!


We celebrated Brad's birthday on Sunday with gumbo and his favorite chewy brownies.  We bought him a pair of Nike Dallas Cowboy tennis shoes.  Need I mention the Cowboys have one every game since we gave him the shoes.  Go Cowboys!!!


The theme in our kitchen / breakfast room is snowmen.





The hubs gave me this countdown Santa a couple of years ago.  I love the fact that it automatically counts down on its own without me having to manually do it.  I am usually a day behind in flipping the date to my Disney countdown and the chalkboard countdown in the Grinch bedroom. :)  Maybe I'll get it down to a routine by Christmas!


I love this little shovel I bought for little of nothing several years ago.





I'm hoping to actually use this beautiful Christmas bundt pan.  I typically pack it away and forget about it.  I'm hoping that by keeping it front and center I won't get distracted and forget.  It makes a really pretty cake.



Many years ago Target would introduce a new Snowden each Christmas in various sizes.  The hubs would buy me a new one every year so I had quite the collection.  This little guy is the only one I have hung on to all these years.


I found this fleur de lis bronze candle holder at Kirkland's for $4.99.  It looks like it is made of metal but it is actually made of resin.



The clear snowmen are a little hard to see.  The two on the left are battery powered while the third one is electrical.  I have surrounded them with light up ice cubes from Department 56.


Yes, we still leave cookies out for Santa.  :)


I love the red plate I have stacked on top of the cake plate.  It has poinsettias on it.

We have fake snowballs for our own snowball fight.  They don't melt but they sure drop a lot of glitter!  


I did something totally different this year.  I packed away the dishes we use around the pool so it gave me so much more room to display our Christmas dishes.  It also gave me room to place the Christmas bowls we use to serve guests gumbo.



I love these plates I found at Home Goods.  They are so much prettier in person.


These guys are displayed on top of the fridge.  I have another strand of the light up ice blocks by Department 56.


We bought this wreath (while on an eight state road trip) at The Incredible Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, TN.  




We had the walls repainted in the breakfast room at the same time the game room was remodeled.  I went with the same shade as before.  It looks so much darker and vibrant now.  I love it!


We've decided to leave the leaf in the table for now as we are using it quite often over the holidays. 

I found the plaid table cloth and matching napkins at a Tuesday Morning near one of Sweet P's gymnastic competitions.




I love this banner I found at Cracker Barrel.  It is made to be hung on a Christmas tree.  I didn't have a tree I wanted to place it on so I chose to display it on the cornice in the breakfast room.  Look close and you will see the wires on the left side going up to the top of the cornice.  It has lights that are battery powered and on a timer.  It looks really good when the lights are down low.


Brooke and Brad brought this sweet Mickey Mouse snowman back from Orlando this year.  It was a token of appreciation for all of the notarizing I have been doing for them as they build their home.


This little guy's snowball lights up in a variety of colors.



The grandkids get a kick out of these cute little Santa dishes.  They love reading them out loud.






This snowman is the end of our tour.


I hope you enjoyed your visit and your bowl of gumbo.  I will be sharing our family room with you tomorrow.  I had a really fun time coming up with the display on our mantel.

I hope you are doing well.  I am getting over a terrible cold that has been making the rounds in our family.  The hubs never gets sick and he was sick the week of Thanksgiving.  In spite of all of the Vitamin C I was taking I still caught it.  I am so grateful I didn't get sick until I was finished with the garland around the front door.  It was the last thing I had on my to do list.

Here's to good health and taking a moment for yourself.

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie










2 comments:

  1. I adore the snowman ornaments on the chandelier the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vel. They are one of my favorites, too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete