Pages

Jan 25, 2016

Weekend Recap



I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Ours was really busy except for Friday night which was nice and quiet.  We were able to have the fireplace on and that always makes me smile.

I made these meatloaf cupcakes for dinner Friday night.  Aren't they cute?  I had the recipe pinned on my Pinterest board.  You can find the recipe at Cincy Shopper.  They were a huge hit with the hubs as he is a fan of meatloaf.  I used 1 lb. of ground turkey and it made 12 cupcake loafs.  Its is very inexpensive to make.  I made the mashed potatoes from scratch and piped them from a zip lock bag.


The hubs, Brooke and I ran the roads on Saturday.  I finally found the perfect lamp for the foyer at Hobby Lobby on sale for $34.00.  (I'll share that with you later.)  We got home just in time for the kiddos to come over and spend the night with Maw Maw and Paw Paw.  I really wanted to go out and do something but it was too cold to be outside for any length of time so we decided to have a movie night.

This was the first time Mr. W has come over since we packed up Christmas.  He was so puzzled as to where Santa Claus went.  We kept telling him he was in the attic and will come back next year.  I can't tell you how many times he asked.

I was trying to take a selfie with Mr. W.  You can tell I'm not used to doing this as I almost cut myself out of the pic. :)


He and I were watching Home while Paw Paw, Ms. A and Sweet P were getting movies, candy and popcorn.  He is so sweet.  I love it when he wrinkles his nose.  Ms. A used to do that when she was little.



He loves this movie.  I have to admit it is becoming a favorite of mine, too.




Here's Ms. A and Mr. W watching Hotel Transylvania 2.  It is such a cute movie.  We all enjoyed it.


Sweet P is always hanging out with her Paw Paw.


After Hotel Transylvania the hubs, Mr. W and Sweet P went into the bedroom so Ms. A and I could watch Tomorrowland.  Mr. W passed out on the bed....


while Sweet P laid on the floor watching her show.


I carried him to the Grinch room.  He was sleeping so hard he never woke up.  (It looks like the overhead light is on but it is only the lamp.)


On Sunday morning Paw Paw made pancakes and bacon for breakfast.  He started crowing like a rooster and Mr. W was copying him only he was saying "honk a doodle doo".  He is so funny!

The girls are watching Star Wars from Netflix.  Yes I still have my Grinch comforter set out.  I am leaving it out until winter is over.  :)  It's way too cute to only have out for a few months.

 

Brooke has two containers of Beanie Babies in the attic.  Sweet P is on a kick to grab a couple every time they spend the night.  They each walked away with at least three of their favorite ones.


  We had a great time.  We hope they will always want to "hang out" with Maw Maw and Paw Paw.

How was your weekend?   Did you do anything special?

Hope you are having a great day....especially those of you that have been snowed in.  Stay safe and warm.

xoxoxo


Debbie





2 comments:

  1. Awe! Your grandkids are beautiful! What are their ages? I ask because I have two girls and the youngest is a boy. They look similar to my kids' ages. Your house is BEAUTIFUL, Debbie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bri and thank you for stopping by! Ms. A just turned 10 on January 1st. Sweet P will be 7 on February 2nd and Mr. W will be 3 on February 20th. How crazy is that?

      Delete