Pages

Mar 17, 2017

The Library


Oh how I love the library.  I.love.to.read.  I usually always have my nose in a book of some sort.  There are times I zip right through a book, and there are times it takes me a while to finish.  It all depends on what is going on in my life.

#lovethelibrary
#knowledgeispower


I love the library so much I even worked for free one summer in high school.  Yep.  That's right.  I worked for free.


There is so much knowledge to be learned in books regardless of the subject you choose.


I instilled the love for reading books with our girls by reading to them, taking them to the library, buying books from the school store or ordering them from the Scholastic paper that they would bring home.  Tiffani has the book collection I bought for her when she was little and her kiddos have read them or are reading them now.  She will pass them on to Brooke should she decide to have kids of her own.

I am so happy to say both girls are still avid readers.  We are always passing books back and forth amongst one another.

Our grandkids love to read.  Especially Ms. A.  She always has her nose in a book.  She loves to share what she is reading and encourages you to read it, too.  That is how I came around to reading the Unwanted series.  All.seven.books.  :)   I would have never picked up the first book without encouragement from Ms. A telling me how good it was.  And she was right.


We look for books at the library, Half-Priced Book Store, Barnes & Noble, etc.


One of my favorite things to do is to come up with a list of books I want to get from the library.


I log on to my library's website and search for the books I want.  I then request them to hold them for me.  They in turn send me a text and an email letting me know my books are ready for pickup.


If there is a book (or books in this case) I want to read that they don't have I put in a request for them.  They in turn contact me by text or email to let me know the requested books are ready for pickup.  It doesn't get any better than this my friend.


Once I have picked up my books you will find me in my spare time reading,


any time and

 

any place I can.  And yes, I ALWAYS have at LEAST six books checked out from the library at one time.  Usually more.  Like so heavy to carry stack of books.

#bestillmyheart

The library is definitely one place you will never find my husband with me.  He likes to read but he does not like to "hang out" at the library.  He knows I (we) can spend hours at a time at the library.  The hubs likes to read John Grisham novels.  He has quite the collection.  You can be sure he is aware of when John Grisham releases a new novel and he will pick one up wherever he sees it.

#johngrisham


We have a very busy weekend planned but you can be sure I will have a book or two with me for any free time I may have to read.


Do you like to read?  If so, what type of books do you like to read?  Love stories, mysteries, gardening, DIY, etc.?  Do you have any good books you've read that you would recommend?  I'd love to hear from you.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie
























No comments:

Post a Comment