Pages

Nov 11, 2014

Welcome to Our Family Room - Holiday Style

  Welcome to our family room, holiday style!  I realize that, for some of you, this may be a bit much and I respect your taste.  For me us this is how we decorate for the holidays.

This is the first year I do not hang a wreath above the fireplace.  I wanted to change things up a bit so I chose to hang the wreath in the breakfast room.  I am so glad that I did.  I think Santa is very deserving to hold this spot.  Don't you?
I love this little pillow.  I have had it for years.
I should have gotten the step ladder out to take a better photo of the Santa display.  :)
I purchased this Joy sign for our front porch
but the paint started to peel so I quickly moved it inside.

Here is a fun over the top decorated for Christmas house from Department 56. 

I love making Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus the center of our coffee table.
I found the snowflake pillows and the burgundy pillows at Pier 1 a year or so ago.
The Santa quilt was purchased at The Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, TN.
I ordered the Santa pillow from Zulily.
This tic tac toe set is pretty old.  I believe my mother-in-law gave it to me many years ago.
The grandkids love to play with it.
This little log house reminds me of the cabins we stay in at The Retreat at Artesian Lakes.
Here's the village that goes on the bar.  A great tip is to spray the snow with hair spray to keep it from flying.  It makes a huge difference.
This little scene reminds me of the movie the Christmas Story where the little boy gets his
tongue stuck on the flag pole.





My sister-in-law bought this Santa for me years ago as a gift of appreciation for decorating her new house for the holidays.  His boots have fallen apart so I need to buy some more.
I am waiting for the new pieces that I ordered to come in so I can finish up this village.  They should be in any time.

 I busted out laughing when I saw this sign at Cracker Barrel.  I
told Kevin we had to get it and he agreed.  We had to move a few things
around to make room.
 The Santa on the wall was bought in Galveston at The Christmas Store on The Strand.
I bought the standing Santa for a steal at Dillard's one year after Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment