Pages

Jun 12, 2019

Sweet P's Book Corner




Hi my name is Sweet P and I would like to give you a summary of what I thought about about the book "The Thing About Jellyfish" by Ali Benjamin.

The Thing About Jellyfish is magical, touching, entertaining and tragically sad.  I found myself deeply moved by it.

Suzy Swanson has always known a lot of things the other kids didn't know like how many jellyfish stings happen in one year and how many Shakespeare atoms are in one kid's body.

One of Suzy's best friends, Franny, died from a Jellyfish sting while on vacation.  Suzy and Franny were in a big fight and Suzy feels badly about the way things were left between them.  She wanted to find out what really happened to her best friend.  She thought she could go half way across the world to find out the truth of what happened to her best friend but fortunately her mom stopped her at the airport.

I really enjoyed this book.  I want to read this book over and over again because it was such an amazing book.


Take care and happy reading,


Sweet P


Age 10+
Beautiful, grief-tinged, coming-of-age story has it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment