Pages

Jul 3, 2019

#NoToNike



Today I stand with Nine Line Apparel.  I join them in saying #NoToNike.  Nine Line Apparel is a verteran-owned, Savannah, GA based apparel company.  In response to Nike's decision and the debate surrounding it, Merritt says his company has released a t-shirt featuring the flag created during the Second Continental Congress to show unity among the 13 colonies.  Here's a quote from their website.

#ninelineapparel
#NoToNike


“IT'S MUCH MORE THAN GETTING DRESSED EVERYDAY, IT'S ABOUT BEING PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU WEAR, AND HOW YOU WALK THROUGH LIFE. WE ARE RELENTLESSLY PATRIOTIC. WE HOLD NO PUNCHES, WE DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR OUR LOVE OF COUNTRY, WE ARE AMERICA'S NEXT GREATEST GENERATION.” 
- NINE LINE APPAREL 


I typically don't like to post about "political" topics but I couldn't pass on this one.  For what it's worth, here's my two cents.

I was saddened to hear Nike chose to listen to K (sorry I don't want to say his name) and pulled their new sneaker, that featured 13 white stars in a circle, referencing a Revolutionary War-era version of the American flag commonly known as the Betsy Ross flag.  Really???  I mean REALLY???  Who cares what K has to say?  What has he done for OUR country other than try to divide our nation more than ever?

I am sure Nike has some wonderful people working in their marketing department.  However, I want to make a suggestion on a new marketing strategy.  Here's my strategy:

Feature the men and women who are fighting to protect our country.  Tell their stories.

Feature the families that are left behind while their spouse, father, mother or sibling is on tour and away from home.  Tell their stories and hear their needs.

Use the heart breaking videos of our service men and women returning home and surprising their families.

Use videos of our beautiful flag with the service men and women saluting it, etc.

Feature the many veterans of our country and yes, please tell their stories.

Bring back God, love of country and our fellow man.


I want to say "thank you" to all of the service men and women who are serving or have served our beautiful country, the United States of America.  I am truly proud to be an American.

And yes, I ordered the hubs and I each a shirt.  These shirts are only available for order for the next two days.

God Bless the USA!!!

#GodBlesstheUSA


Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






















No comments:

Post a Comment