Pages

Jul 18, 2019

Our Road Trip to Colorado - Day 4

  

Hello and welcome back!  Today I am sharing Day 4 of Our Road Trip to Colorado.  If you missed the previous posts, you can find them on Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3.

We woke up to snow!!!  OMG!!!  I was over the moon!!!  Not to mention that it was 35 degrees!
Oh yeah!  Oh yeah!  I was doing my happy dance.

The hubs and I could see the snow falling out of the top window in our bedroom.  It was so exciting.  I had the window open soaking it all in.

I felt incredibly blessed to have the beauty of freshly fallen snow all around.  I'm sure God's ears were like okay...I get it.  :)

Brad was the one that suggested I get my photos before it melted.  It was a good thing I did as it was all gone in a few hours.




And here are my snow boots.  Yes, that's right.  The ones my family made fun of me by telling me on our way up it wasn't going to snow.  Boo ya!!!

How do you like my Mickey Mouse pj pants?  They are soft and fuzzy with pretty silver metallic Mickeys.




I was beside myself.  My cohorts were inside where it was nice and toasty.







Brad's truck is ALWAYS clean.  I believe this is the dirtiest it has ever gotten.









A look back at the street.  Doesn't everything look good covered in snow?


And in a matter of a few hours the snow was just about all gone.


We were scheduled to ride horses on a trail, hike down the side of the mountain and go to a cave.

Do you see the sign "Old Fashioned Sleigh Rides"?  OMG!  We are definitely doing that when we go back in the winter/early spring.


I, on the other hand, chickened out.  I wasn't afraid of the horses.  I was afraid I might reinjure my left shoulder.  I had dislocated it three weeks earlier and it was still bothering me.  The thought of having to hoist myself up and down the horse several times didn't sound like fun to me so I backed out much to the Hub's dismay.  I knew I had to follow my gut.


They were gone for a couple of hours.  I watched What/If on Netflix and took in the gorgeous scenery and beautiful weather.  The first thing the hubs said when he got back was he was really glad I didn't go.  He said the trails were pretty steep.  I guess he knows how graceful I am (or not!).

#netflix
#whatif

We had an dinner at the Derailed Pour House.  I had the Southwest egg rolls and they were delicious!  We had a great time.  From there we went through all of the shops on Main Avenue.  We stopped off at the Historic Strater Hotel and listened to live music in the bar.


#derailedpourhouse
#southwesteggrolls
#straterhotel

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed Day 4 of our road trip.  On Day 5 we will be going back to Silverton and taking the train back to Durango.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment